Even the most advanced tech can have its off days, and Apple’s Vision Pro is no exception. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some quick fixes!
Revive Your Apple Vision Pro in a Jiffy!
Is your Vision Pro freezing up or acting weird? A simple restart might just be the magic trick you need. Here’s how:
- Power Off: Press and hold the Digital Crown and the top button together. A ‘Force Quit Applications’ window will pop up. Keep holding until you see the Power button slider, then let go.
- Slide to Power Off: Look at the onscreen Power button, pinch it with your thumb and index finger, and slide it to the right.
- Wait it Out: Wait for the screen to go black, signaling that your Vision Pro has powered down. Now, you can remove the device.
To power it back on, just press and hold the top button for three seconds. After about a minute, your Vision Pro will make a tone, indicating it’s ready to roll!
When All Else Fails, Force Restart!
If a simple restart doesn’t do the trick, it’s time to bring out the big guns - a force restart. Remember, only use this as a last resort and if your Vision Pro isn’t responding. Also, don’t force restart if it’s updating visionOS.
- Hold 'Em Down: Press and hold the Digital Crown and the top button together.
- Wait for Black: Keep holding until the screen turns black, then let go.
- Look for the Logo: As your Vision Pro restarts, you’ll see the Apple logo on the front display.
These steps should help get your Apple Vision Pro back on track. But if the issues persist, it’s time to reach out to Apple Support for some professional help. Remember, there’s no problem too big for a quick fix!